A revolutionary approach based on a forced unsteady-state operation of chemical reactors
Matros Technologies offers a revolutionary approach based on a forced unsteady-state operation of chemical reactors for a variety of catalytic processes. Our founder, Dr. Yurii Matros, invented and developed reversed-flow reactor technology. Dubbed the “Matros reactor,” it is widely applied for control of volatile organic compounds and nitrogen oxides.
Matros Technologies has also successfully implemented the following catalytic processes:
- regenerative catalytic oxidizer (RCO) technology for VOC oxidation from industrial sources. First Matros’ RCO units were built in the former Soviet Union in the 80s. The technology was licensed in the US in the beginning of 90s. Ongoing innovation resulted in such developments as:
- efficient base-metal catalysts featuring high thermal tolerance along with long service time
- technology for RTO conversion to RCO allowing drastic reduction in energy use
- regeneration of poisoned VOC oxidation catalyst in oxidizer being online
- oxidation of nitrogen-containing VOCs with extremely low NOx production
The results of MT’s process developments have been documented in numerous publications and patents worldwide.